About us

History

Since the master smith Johann Rockinger founded the company in 1875, ROCKINGER has played a decisive role in shaping the technical development of trailer couplings, and the brand name has come to stand for the highest product quality in this field

1875

Founded by Johann Rockinger.

1927

The "safety coupling for HGVs", the first fully automatic ROCKINGER trailer coupling, is developed.

1973

Trailer couplings for use in agriculture and forestry are incorporated into the range.

1985

Relocation to new premises in North Munich.

1991

Acquisition of ROCKINGER Anhängerkupplungen GmbH Wechmar, then the leading trailer coupling company in Eastern Europe.

2001

Acquisition of ROCKINGER by JOST

2013

Relocation to new build factory in Waltershausen